I just wanted to start this long weekend off with a tribute to our men and women overseas who are right now protecting our freedom, before you go getting all teary-eyed, they are not doing it for you personally, but you are benefiting because you are an American, and they are too- except they took that extra step- you could call it a giant leap to put action behind their ideals and beliefs, what can we do back home? Attend parades this weekend, go to tributes that are going on all around the country, go to Church- pray for those who are ensuring our future freedoms. AND- always, every day of the year remember those who have fought for the freedom we have enjoyed as a country for 230+ years.
Include in your prayers those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice for they have contributed immeasurably to a future they would never see. I would love nothing more than to see all of our troops come home right now, to hold their loved ones right now... it would be nice to see, but the job is not done yet. I hope to see in my lifetime a world that is truly at peace, but as is depicted on the seal of our great nation in it's right talon the eagle holds an olive branch- a symbol of peace, and is forever looking toward it, in it's left talon it holds a bundle of arrows- a symbol of war or fight. While we are a peaceful nation the threat to our peace is always being challenged, from outside our great country, and sadly sometimes from within; Ernest Hemingway once wrote “The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for... ” It is. I know America is doing the right thing, and has for over two centuries of it's history, we cannot, and must not leave our country or the world exposed to the tyranny of world leaders whose agenda is self-serving and beneficial only to themselves and their mis-guided followers.
I plan to attend services this weekend at Church and other more solemn tributes, I hope you do also, but if you can't get to one then just try to keep these brave soldiers- from all branches of the service, and all walks of life in your thoughts especially this weekend.
On a personal note- my father, and grandfather served as did uncles, my father-in-law, and many other relatives did; I would like to thank and honor them because the freedom I have now I owe to them as well as the millions of others who have and are currently serving.
Enjoy your Memorial Day holiday and, God Bless America!
No comments:
Post a Comment