Thursday, April 19, 2007

Virginia Tech Tragedy

I have been reserving comment on the terrible events of April 16th, watching with the rest of the country as the most recent and disturbing of details were splashed on the television screen. After seeing the contents of the mysterious package (that had been sent to NBC between the two killing sprees) on television like so many other American, I had had enough. Knowing what this deranged person had done, I did not need any convincing that this person had mental problems, nor did I need to know, nor care to know why he did what he did. The only thing I know is that there are 33 families whose children will not be coming home for break, there are 33 families who will not be attending graduation of their children. (Special Note: All students will be receiving degrees from the university. That is a very decent move from Virginia Tech). What happened was indeed a tragedy of the worst kind, and my thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims of this senseless tragedy. Go Hokies!

No comments: