Tuesday, December 19, 2006

PREP Orientation

I went to PREP this morning, since I didn't know what to expect I wasn't anticipating being too excited or too disappointed. I went into it with an open mind, and I was very impressed with the help that is available, and the services they provide. They handed out a sheet with about 30 job search websites and a few other sites as well. I signed up for a bunch of training sessions: resume writing, civil job application process, and several other workshops. I also found out that you can work part-time and earn up to 40% of your weekly benefit without being penalized, if your part-time job is over 40% of your weekly benefit, they just deduct dollar for dollar, and that will help stretch out how long you can collect, if that is necessary. So, needless to say, I was very interested in all of the services that provide at Career Link, I plan to fully utilize their services, and any other services they provide that might also be of benefit to me. I am really pumped about the whole process becuase I know that I am not alone.

No comments: