Monday, December 18, 2006
Writing exercises
I just completed a few writing exercises from one of the books I took out of the free library (no I didn't simply walk out with the books, I went through proper channels). I also took out two other books to read, they are all how-to-become-a-writer-books, and they are all just different enough that they will all help me in their own way. One book says it's difficult to become a writer/author (published), meaning it takes hard work (I kind of thought that would be the case, which didn't upset me). One book says that I should put aside all of the "horror" stories about how hard it is to become a writer and just go with the desire to become a writer. The other book is like a career book that lists jobs available for writers. I am not neccessarily looking for a job as a writer, I want to be a writer (does that make sense?). Well given the fact that I am currently put of work, a victim of an industry where I no longer feel welcome; I must do something to make ends meet. I want my writing to serve as an outlet for my creativity, and also a potential part-time job with emotional and financials benefits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment