Sunday, April 19, 2009
Let's have Tea!
Most of us love a nice cup of tea, I am no different. The recent protests have me, well troubled. I did not make it to a "tea party", but would gladly have gone... not as a nutjob, or even as a right-wing wacko; but as a concerned citizen of what still is, for now, the greatest country in the world. These were citizens, as we all are, simply getting together because they love our country and want it to succeed and over-taxation exactly what we do not need. Freedom of speech is one of the principles our country is founded on, however, there are those who have twisted that to mean that the freedom belongs only to those who share their point of view, and those whose points of view differ will not be tolerated. How certain news outlets are portraying these peaceful protests is a disturbing, I feel this way mainly because I, as I said before, support these protests with no other motivation than my need to voice my opinion when I think things are going wrong, call it pointing out a wrong that needs to be made right (or corrected, if you prefer.) Keep this kind of freedom of speech alive, let's not tolerate hate speech, or speech directed towards certain groups bent on keeping them down.
Labels:
freedom of speech,
taxation,
Tea Party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment