I saw two news stories literally within minutes of each other, and they left me speechless, but not word-less. First was a story about how, with the help of the ACLU, the PA State Police will no longer be able to hand out citations for foul language. The argument is that it is an infringement of free speech, fair enough, but when that speech is offensive to people in the near vicinity, or within ear shot, what about those peoples rights? I am someone who happens to believe what the bible says about what goes into your mouth does not make you unclean, but rather what comes out of your mouth that makes you so. I choose not to cuss because I think there are far better ways to express yourself than to drag yourself down by using foul language. Maybe, just maybe if a person got cited for abusive language thay would think about better ways to express themselves (hand gestures do not count as an acceptable alternative.) The ACLU talks about freedoms, how about the freedom of the authorities to protect the citizens, those who choose to use wholesome words when engaged in an argument?
Stry II- The second story revolves around a cross, a cross that was erected to honor those that fought in the Korean war, my father was one of them. They fought for my freedom, and I wasn't even born yet. The atheists and ACLU are (aside from being one in the same) trying to take away what we stand for, God. A cross is a symbol of hope, of a promise that manifested itself on the earth some 2,010 years ago. If the cross is offensive to those of a faith, and not of the christian faith, what about religious tolerance? I am afraid I am guilty of this also with the proposed mosque near ground zero, as I write this, I am also examining my own prejudices and intolerance, more on that in a later post. If I saw a Star of David over a memorial, I hope the first thing I thought of would be something positive, and how nice it was to honor those of Jewish faith that also fought for my freedom, even though i wasn not born yet. We all believe in something, we all, or most of us honor a God that has done great things for us. If anyone does not believe in a God, please do not try to take him from us. All you are doing is driving us closer to him, and yourselves further away from he, God loves all of us, and I pray for those who have yet to see his wonderful deeds.
~L8R
No comments:
Post a Comment