Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Avoidance or Tolerance...

As an addendum to my Social Slowdown Post.. While talking to my wife about my latest 'feud' with social media, her opinion was to just ignore posts that caused me angst, a simple solution to my problem, but my retort was that in order to find out if the post was unsatisfactory or not was to actually read it. But by then I was already befouled by it's banality. I would rather take a break from reading posts. Again she advises that I would miss good posts along the way. I really had no argument for that. Tolerance is usually the way to go, if I could just get myself to look beyond these posts and realize that people are people, and they will do what they do no matter what else may be happening. More simply put these things occur whether I read the posts or not, I need to rise above it. But, avoiding them takes them completely out of the equation, out of sight out of mind... tolerance on the other hand will cause me to see people for what they are, to learn about them. I am still up in the air, but I am grateful that I have other opinions to guide me. Time will tell...

No comments: