I turned on my computer this morning, and I did not immediately go onto Facebook or Twitter to the latest whaty-what.
I must say I prefer Twitter over Facebook, I did finally get around to checking my social networks, what did I find... exactly, aside from the day-to-day updates I get from the many pages I 'like', there's the usual parade of attention seekers trotting out their news of the day as if that news would affect MY life, it does though... now, mind you this is news that while still relevant to that specific person, has little or no effect on me except for the fact that I am now forced to read it becuase we are 'connected' I know by being a member of the social media, I have jumped right into the fray of kids accomplishments, the latest event, or even home remodel. There is a saying that you can never get to much of a good thing, well social media has proven that pithy statement entirely wrong. Why do we as a society feel the need to get into other peoples heads? Shouldn't we use this time to get into our own heads? I am still trying to figure out what makes me tick, and I feel that reading each new post from 'friends' takes me further away from getting myself in order. At 46, I am always discovering things about me, while I am still getting my arms around my faith, and digging deeper into the Bible. There is also a saying that states don't believe everything you read, I think that is true when it comes to social media, or any media for that matter. So what am I saying? What do I mean to learn from this post? I guess I am saying that enough is enough! I honestly do not think I have my life in the kind shape that can handle all of this information from folk who post as if their lives are in perfect order, I am not one to wear masks (although I do) I am what I am, maybe that's the issue I have with my position in the social media combine. I have things that I want to do, lessons I still have to learn. I do not see any benefit in concerning myself with what everybody else is doing, sure I will go back at some point, but right now, this is where I feel at home. The only opinion of myself that matters is the opinion I have of myself, and before that opinion goes south, I intend to 'write' the ship! This is now my social network- RANDOM THOUGHTS!!

No comments:
Post a Comment